Question.

arrowed

If i could see the target indoors better i would have had better scores.

Not only could i not see the target clearly but i couldnt see my small arrows with small flights from 20 yrds.

I am happy with my platinum arrows but wish i could see where they land so i can ajust my shots slightly when necersary.

I have a Sf. sight which i am happy with but as any one any idea where i can get a sight lens for a recurve bow that will make it easier to see the target, all those i have are small and really only a guide.? :poulies:

Tom

On another 'comeback'
Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Sights with magnifying lenses are not permitted on Recurves at least in FITA/GNAS - I'm not sure about other governing bodies.

Is it spotting the arrows in the target indoors that's the main problem, or is it seeing the target when aiming? If it's the former then maybe you could consider a small handheld monocular that could clip on your quiver and use it between arrows.

arrowed

Indoors i dont see the target as clearly as i should and i cant see where my arrows go only when i am on top of them can i see them.

I am going for an eye test i have done well without needing glasses until now so cant complain but have to wait for a month for an appointment. I hope i can get some glasses i can wear to shoot in.

I have a small pair of binoclulars i might have to use, a bit of a nuisance, looking for any possibilitys at the moment.

Thanks for your comment Tom.

hooktonboy

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
Hi Arrowed!

What colour nocks do you use on your arrows? I find that with some colours they are very very hard to see. You might be able to find a colour that helps them to stand out. I've found that the flourescent green ones are easier to see than all of the solid colours. Althoug even then I sometimes have to use the little binoculars :beer:

Tom's right - you can't use magnifying lenses on the sight for recurve archery.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Got glasses...eye sight as good as it can be - still can't see arrows in target.

Unless that is, I'm shooting my 2351's with 5" feathers.....these babies tend to be noticable on a 60cm face!!!

The monocular/bino's is the logical solution. Also, playing with fletching/nock colour may help.

Froggy the Elder

For what it's worth, indoors under the fluorescent tubes, I have difficulty seeing where the arrows are going at 20 yards. My spectacle prescription has been checked recently and is a-Ok.

Outdoors, with same arrows, in sunlight and definitely in bright sunlight, I can usually see where the arrows have landed at 50 yards . Fluorescent orange nocks for me plus fl. orange and green fletchings.

However, I'm stuffed if there's lots of arrows on the face. A monacle or, in my case, a cheap pair of binoculars usually helps.

arrowed

hooktonboy;bt14155 said:
Hi Arrowed!

What colour nocks do you use on your arrows? I find that with some colours they are very very hard to see. You might be able to find a colour that helps them to stand out. I've found that the flourescent green ones are easier to see than all of the solid colours. Althoug even then I sometimes have to use the little binoculars :beer:

Tom's right - you can't use magnifying lenses on the sight for recurve archery.

I use white nocks so cant do much better but they are small, i have infact added some tape to the arrows to try to make them more obvious. Thanks for the comment all comments appreciated.

arrowed

Like froggy i cant see my arrows if there are a lot on the target. I am useing white nocks but they are small and insignificant, i have added some tape. Thanks to you all for your comments they are much appreciated.