Show us your set up (target,ILF)

HikerDave

Here's my 27 inch HPX riser with Hex6 BB2 at User Mountain Park, Arizona and a few other pictures from my day of Field Archery / 3D.

This is a hedgehog. A hedgehog cactus.

We have turkeys in Arizona, but usually they are found in the White Mountains of Arizona.

This bear should have stayed in Arizona's high mountain country where he belongs.

Last edited:

PhatMan

HikerDave,

Hastings in the UK doesn't quite look like your photos :(

I am pea-green with envy !

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Fred_K

Hi,would like to ask:
1. What is the Bracing Height?
2. How much is the upper and lower tiller?
3.What is the length of the sleeve from the grip to the handle?
My bow (post #236) is a 25" riser with medium size limbs making it a 68" bow. The brace height is set to 19.5 cm (ca 7.7") and the tiller is 15.2 cm (ca 6") at the top and 14.6 cm (ca 5.75") at the bottom.

My bow (post #236) is a 25" riser with medium size limbs making it a 68" bow. The brace height is set to 19.5 cm (ca 7.7") and the tiller is 15.2 cm (ca 6") at the top and 14.6 cm (ca 5.75") at the bottom.
Hi Fred_K
Very nice set up.Thanks for the info.Last 3 years ago I shoot that BH with my Samick Ultra Angulla.Well it is very good for my set up during that time,but now i'am shooting with a BH of about 9 1/8 inch.

BorderBows

Hi Fred_K
Very nice set up.Thanks for the info.Last 3 years ago I shoot that BH with my Samick Ultra Angulla.Well it is very good for my set up during that time,but now i'am shooting with a BH of about 9 1/8 inch.
the only limbs we have that are anywhere close to the Samick range would be our CV series of limbs.
The hex5 and 6 limbs are nothing like conventional limbs.

for example i would expect most conventional limbs over 38lbs in weight to be pulling 2+lbs per inch from 28" onwards.
I would expect any hex limb over 50lbs to be drawing the same when on a 25" riser.

we would expect a 40lbs bow to be pulling 2-2.1lbs per inch 29-30" while i would expect the same in a hex6 to be pulling 1.7lbs. You cannot acheive this with a conventional limb profile.

With this said, that is why we dont run the same BH as conventional profiles.

Sorry if im preaching to the converted.

border limb

the only limbs we have that are anywhere close to the Samick range would be our CV series of limbs.
The hex5 and 6 limbs are nothing like conventional limbs.

for example i would expect most conventional limbs over 38lbs in weight to be pulling 2+lbs per inch from 28" onwards.
I would expect any hex limb over 50lbs to be drawing the same when on a 25" riser.

we would expect a 40lbs bow to be pulling 2-2.1lbs per inch 29-30" while i would expect the same in a hex6 to be pulling 1.7lbs. You cannot acheive this with a conventional limb profile.

With this said, that is why we dont run the same BH as conventional profiles.

Sorry if im preaching to the converted.
Hi Sid,
Nice to read your comment.Anyway if you remember me well,I once order CXG limb with a lot of enquiries.Finally order with a serial number of 6810HL.The result is vary satisfactorily and vey good.The set up BH is 9 1/8 inch.with my Variable bow.I'm with you on the above mention comment.Anyway,thanks for the workmanship to all Borderbow workforce who were involved in making my cxg.

demig

Hoyt (sorry) aerotec riser with Hex 6 BB2 limbs (38 short) with fantastic custom paint job. Beiter rods with 2 different colours covers to mimic bow colour graduation. Pic taken at Argyll Fields Archers Scottish Field Champs 2013.

Pleasure to shoot.

Demig
168892_10151633711944083_1689561682_n.jpg

Andori

Not shot for 10-15 years and have very recently dusted it off to start shooting again.

Shooting style: Recurve
Riser: Hoyt Elan
Limbs: Border 70" 36# Not sure which ones they are apart from being wood/glass laminates from a "few" years back (s/n is WE) Think they may be XP10s.
String inc strands: 12 strand pink thing with rainbow serving. Can't remember the material though 450 rings a bell.
Sight: Shibuya FT10
button: K button for Allys, AGF for ACEs
Stabiliser: System long rod/twins with AGF V-Bar
Bracing height: 9ish I think.
Arrows: 32.5" 2216 XX75 Autumn Oranges or 32" 430 ACEs

Thanks for the info.Any picture?

Not shot for 10-15 years and have very recently dusted it off to start shooting again.

Shooting style: Recurve
Riser: Hoyt Elan
Limbs: Border 70" 36# Not sure which ones they are apart from being wood/glass laminates from a "few" years back (s/n is WE) Think they may be XP10s.
String inc strands: 12 strand pink thing with rainbow serving. Can't remember the material though 450 rings a bell.
Sight: Shibuya FT10
button: K button for Allys, AGF for ACEs
Stabiliser: System long rod/twins with AGF V-Bar
Bracing height: 9ish I think.
Arrows: 32.5" 2216 XX75 Autumn Oranges or 32" 430 ACEs

LunkShooter

Supporter
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Well - my new Hex6-H BB2s certainly operate as per expectations. I forgot how much 45-46lbs actually was. Gone soft on the darkside, clearly!

ForumRunner_20130613_220238.jpg

ForumRunner_20130613_220300.jpg

Edit: Manners - thanks to the Sids and Ann for hooking me up with such gorgeous limbs.