The Devon Challenge 2006

Old Bloke

Well, as I was the one who started the idea of this shoot, (The DEvon Challenge) and as I haven't had a look at one or shot one for a few years, and it is bound to be lovely weather to start at Ashcombe, and there is an Air Day/car boot/old car rally at Branscombe (East Devon) on Sunday, thought I would look it up at the start of play on Sunday........unless it is raining that is.......then I guess it will be a lie in with a sunday pub lunch.

Field Archer

I will be there again for the eight days, maybe we will bump in to each other Dave. I'm easy to spot, one of only a few freestyle this year, wearing the red Arrowhead quiver you gave me. I'm afraid I won't be wearing the chest guard as I have now grown out of it.

This will be last time that it will be known as the Devon Challenge, next year it will be called the South West Challenge.

Old Bloke

Yes, I had heard that the name was going to change and in it's current format quite correct. The name change reflects the problems of keeping the competition within Devon. When it was strted there were more than enough clubs all within reach of each other to keep it within the Devon geograhpical boundary, but alas with time clubs come and go or simply haven't got the man/woman power to run the damn thing, which incidentaly includes my own club East Dartmoor.
Anyway if it ain't raining I shall pop in for the start on Sunday on my way to the car boot sale and air show. I will look out for a portly gentleman sporting a red quiver........but on reflection there could be quite a few of those around!

Haywain

I'm there for the week.

I'll be there for whole 8 days along with my sons. We all shoot AFB, so the family will have one person each in Cub, Junior and Senior classes......I only did 4 days last year, so I'm looking forward to doing all 8 this time round.

By all accounts, Dunkery will be the hardest when it comes to steep hills and walking. But if the weather holds, I won't care and whether I shoot well or not, I'm going to have fun.

See you there if you're going.