Trouble @ SAA....

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Received an email today stating that the SAA Board of Directors were all resigning with immediate effect. This was due to an "orchestrated campaign of hatred" targeting the Directors of the SAA. The matter has been reported to Police Scotland.

Intriguing stuff, and not something I would have expected from the SAA members (the ones that I know anyway).

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I don't supposed they've passed something/planning to that might of ###### off a large proportion of the SAA membership?? For the whole Board of Directors to resign you'd assume it was more than just a handful of members...

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
I don't supposed they've passed something/planning to that might of ###### off a large proportion of the SAA membership?? For the whole Board of Directors to resign you'd assume it was more than just a handful of members...
They have made a few changes (that I'm aware of) over the past year that some may not be 100% happy with - I don't know the full ins & outs though.

Hoji

The fact they are trying to reduce the voting rights of students may have reduced their popularity. Didn't think things were bad enough for them to all to resign though!?

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Where is the "dirt and threats" so we can have a read?

Brian - all the notices up till now are available on the SAA Website - most are in the Members' Area so you can look there. Your Club secretary will have had the most recent notice that darhter is referring to.

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Just read the email. I don't even know who the directors are, never mind what they've done to #### anyone off. However, threats of violence just aren't acceptable. Archery is only a game after all.

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Hi Muriel

I am referring to the personal threats in a "social media site" that the latest notice from the board mentions?

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Hi Muriel

I am referring to the personal threats in a "social media site" that the latest notice from the board mentions?
Brian - I don't know.

and for the avoidance of doubt - please if anyone does - do NOT post them here or repeat them anywhere. Don't be a Twitt(er) - stay safe

BillM

and for the avoidance of doubt - please if anyone does - do NOT post them here or repeat them anywhere. Don't be a Twitt(er)
Good advice Muriel. I'm sure whatever the problem is, it will be 'resolved' at the AGM on Sunday - if it goes ahead.

BillM

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
Good advice Muriel. I'm sure whatever the problem is, it will be 'resolved' at the AGM on Sunday - if it goes ahead.

BillM
The best information I have Bill is that the AGM will stil take place - it has to if we are to move proceedings along.

We will have another notice for the website in due course and doubtless it will be sent round Clubs too as have all the last ones.

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
I have been called many things but never a twitt, at least not to my face :D