Vanes V's Kurly's

buzz lite beer

Well after last weeks trials and tribulations outdoors noticed that my spinny's were to say at the least a tad dishevelled, I thought I'm gonna give the left over 1.5" Bohning X vanes I used for fletching my compound arrows a go on the recurve arrows, shot today with them and noticed straight away I'd lost roughly 5-6" of height on the target out at 80yds but they did fly remarkably straight, and grouped just as well as the Kurly's ever did! It was just about as flat calm a day as you could hope to shoot in today so until I get the chance to shoot them in more challenging side winds so I can gauge if I'm getting punished more the jury is still out as to whether I continue using them ( I don't fancy just stripping all the Kurly's off my new, other set of X10's straight away based on todays results either)
Got my compound riser back today, nephew has done a great job of re-painting it, along with the longrod to match, now it's re-assemble time (hope I can remember where all the bits are supposed to go!)

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
If the arrows shoot seriously to the right, the limbs are upside down, assuming you left the cams in place at the ends.Don't ask how I know that!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I'm not saying I did; and i'm not saying I didn't, but if your arrows go wildly left( not right... assuming RH) I would guess you had done??

mrtufty

would be interested in your findings. once tried comparing spinwings and vanes and found vertical grouping was slightly better with spin wings but left-right spread was half as much. PS and that was with two spin wings rather than three...
thouhg this was with some new arrows that i hadn't tuned the bow to i dare say yours is tuned (and shot) a lot better

Darryl

Buzz, I think I'll be trialing Vanetecs, Spinnies and Elivanes/Gaspros when I get my set of ACEs. I always like the way my Vanetecs performed and when I shot them last time in a comparison the sight mark difference was only a few millimeters at 90m if I remember correctly. The good thing about Vanetecs is that they're durable unlike my spinnies that quite a few of need replacing.