Easton arrow charts

StevoNilo

Hi,

If my arrow length is 29 1/2" (nock groove to shaft end before point) which column do I look down.. is it the 29" or the 30" ?
For years I have been shooting 3-28 ACC's and 520 ACE's with 100grn points .. and they seem fine and reactive to the button pressure adjustments..

Stevo..

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
As you will know, the chart shows that 29" column includes 29.5" as does the 30" column.If you use the 30" column you will get a stiffer shaft.
Perhaps the thing to do, is look at your arrows and see which of the columns they came from. I found ACC 3-28 in T7 and T8.
T7 and T8 appear at 29" and 30" for 41-45lbs draw weight.If your holding weight is less than that, I guess you chose T7 from 30" column.( T8 would be 31")
If your holding weight is more, I would guess you reached T8 from 29" column.( T7 would be from 28")
If your holding weight is 41-45lb you could use 29" and 30" columns and find ACC appears as 3-18 and 3-28 in T7 and 3-28 and 3-39 in T8.
It shows that 2-28 is suitable which ever of the two columns you might have used.
Perhaps then, the answer is to look down both columns and find the appropriate T numbers. Then find which shafts appear in both, and go for those.

joetapley

Instructions on "arrow length" to use for the chart are on the left hand side of chart - Basically nock to button + 1".

Point weight is irrelevant to recurve arrow selection (which is why it doesn't get a mention on the chart).

StevoNilo

As you will know, the chart shows that 29" column includes 29.5" as does the 30" column.If you use the 30" column you will get a stiffer shaft.
Perhaps the thing to do, is look at your arrows and see which of the columns they came from. I found ACC 3-28 in T7 and T8.
T7 and T8 appear at 29" and 30" for 41-45lbs draw weight.If your holding weight is less than that, I guess you chose T7 from 30" column.( T8 would be 31")
If your holding weight is more, I would guess you reached T8 from 29" column.( T7 would be from 28")
If your holding weight is 41-45lb you could use 29" and 30" columns and find ACC appears as 3-18 and 3-28 in T7 and 3-28 and 3-39 in T8.
It shows that 2-28 is suitable which ever of the two columns you might have used.
Perhaps then, the answer is to look down both columns and find the appropriate T numbers. Then find which shafts appear in both, and go for those.
cheers Geoff..

Mike47j

Hi,

If my arrow length is 29 1/2" (nock groove to shaft end before point) which column do I look down.. is it the 29" or the 30" ?

Stevo..
Below the chart it says "Note: If your arrow shaft is longer than inch lenth shown, round-up to the next longer increment."

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Below the chart it says "Note: If your arrow shaft is longer than inch lenth shown, round-up to the next longer increment."
Funnily enough, it says that in the catalogue version of the charts (which doesn't mention half inches at all), but it doesn't say it in the stand-alone charts....