Interesting night with the new HEX 6's

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Had a VERY interesting night last night with my new HEX 6's....to say that they were "snappy" or "explosive" on release is a bit of an understatement.

Having shot a few ends at 30m as a bit of a warm up, I then moved the target out to 70m. Shot a few ends and was pretty happy with the way things were looking.

Then all of a sudden - BANG!!! then bits of bow all over the place....

Look what happened:

The lower limb decided that it didn't want to play....

Probably shot less than 6doz arrows in total with them....but I will say they were a lovely 6 doz to shoot.

Been onto the folk @ Borders this morning & the limbs should be with them tomorrow. Replacements will be arranged ASAP - can't ask for any more than that.

These things happen...we don't want them to, but the do.....Sid (Snr) responded exactly as I would have expect and I have absolutely no doubt that everything will be resolved perfectly.

In the mean time, I'll just have to "make do" with my HEX 5's.....;)

JohnK

Ouch!

Glad you're okay, and as you say, these things happen. What matters is how the manufacturer/retailer backs up their product.

Hope you get a new set ASAP :)

BorderBows

Had a VERY interesting night last night with my new HEX 6's....to say that they were "snappy" or "explosive" on release is a bit of an understatement.

Having shot a few ends at 30m as a bit of a warm up, I then moved the target out to 70m. Shot a few ends and was pretty happy with the way things were looking.

Then all of a sudden - BANG!!! then bits of bow all over the place....

The lower limb decided that it didn't want to play....

Probably shot less than 6doz arrows in total with them....but I will say they were a lovely 6 doz to shoot.

Been onto the folk @ Borders this morning & the limbs should be with them tomorrow. Replacements will be arranged ASAP - can't ask for any more than that.

These things happen...we don't want them to, but the do.....Sid (Snr) responded exactly as I would have expect and I have absolutely no doubt that everything will be resolved perfectly.

In the mean time, I'll just have to "make do" with my HEX 5's.....;)

Sorry for this darthTer.

We will get a replacement set sorted asap.
Looking at the photos. its not a laminate failure. Nor a Core failure.
From here this looks like a glue issue. That clean spot where the you can see the white, looks like where its gone.
hard to tell.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Sorry for this darthTer.

We will get a replacement set sorted asap.
[sooky mode on]
That's why I buy from you guys - if there's a problem you sort it...
[/sooky mode off]

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, poo! Glad you're not hurt. Where did the arrow end up?
at my feet - happened while still @ full draw, before I'd released.

Top limb went about 12ft in front.....string behind....cannae mind where the bottom limb went.

HikerDave

[sooky mode on]
That's why I buy from you guys - if there's a problem you sort it...
[/sooky mode off]

- - - Updated - - -

at my feet - happened while still @ full draw, before I'd released.

Top limb went about 12ft in front.....string behind....cannae mind where the bottom limb went.
Looks like a pretty sneaky defect in those limbs -- good enough to pass tillering and inspection without being noticed but bad enough to break with very little shooting.

Mine are well past that infant mortality stage with over 10000 shots so I'm guessing that they'll pretty much last forever.

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Update:

Received my replacement HEX 6H BB2 limbs back on Friday 31st. Shot over 100 arrows on Friday night, and everything is still in one piece. :D

The limbs shot beautifully. Took a couple of ends to get a decent brace height - sitting @ 19cm at the moment. Once that was sorted, the ACG's started flying rather nicely, resulting in some very nice ends @ 30m.

Thanks to all @ Borders for the extremely quick turnaround - 2 weeks from receiving the limbs to having them back on my bow!!! :beer: :beer:

Craftsman

I expect that having to sort out your problem is the reason they haven't been able to reply to my e-mail! :bang::devil: